Hosting a bridal shower for a friend, sister, best friend or loved one can be a lot of work, but so much fun!! Sometimes games can be cheesy and sometimes they can be a blast!! Here’s a couple ideas to make your day extra special!!
1. Schedule ahead – it’s best to plan the shower about 6-8 weeks before the wedding. Shoot for a 2-hour block of time and weekends usually work best. Plan ahead – people have busy lives and busy schedules – the sooner you let your guests know, the better!
2. Stick to your Budget– usually the maid/matron-of-honor leads the charge with all the extra bridesmaids pitching in. The party-giver is usually the one to foot all the bills so making & sticking to your budget is key!
3. Venue – places book up quick, so, if you’re planning on going to a restaurant or venue, make sure to get it booked ahead of time!
4. Theme – it makes it more fun to pick out a theme, espcially if you can incorporate the theme of the wedding. Example: kitchen, new home, pamper-the-bride, or something more in-depth, like a Mexico destination wedding, have beachy attire, decorations, favor & games. Make sure to let your gusts know what the theme is!!
5. Guest List – it usually helps you out to have the bride & groom make the guest list – and it makes sure that all the ones they want there are at least invited! Make sure to plan ahead and send out invitations at least 6 weeks before the shower, especially if there will be any out-of-towners. Make sure to get all their information, including addresses, phone numbers & emails.
6. Invitations – DIY or have them created through a ton of great websites (see Save The Dates post for ideas for your invite). Make sure to line them up with your theme!! Include the date, start and end times–two hours should do it–event address, contact information, and gift registry.
7. Decorations – if you picked out a theme, make sure to continue it without overdoing it. Remember, focus on your bride and what she likes. It also helps to revolve your decorations around what she plans the wedding to be like. Incorporate her colors & her theme – it will really show her how much you care!
8. Photos – you can include pictures of the attendees and the bride together to make it fun and include everyone! Or, if you want to go above & beyond, reach out to all the girls invited and ask them to write something special – a memory or special quote – and make a little book that includes it all to give your bride to show how much she is loved!
9. Menu – this can be as laid back or as elegant as you want it. Everything works from a backyard BBQ to a high-end restaurant. It all depends on your bride-to-be and your budget. But, if you’re doing it yourself, look for tomorrow’s post for some wonderful recipe ideas!!
10. Favors – this is not necessary and completely depends on your budget. However, you can make it really fun and give your guests something to remember the fun event by! And there are always DIY options – see here for the flower pot favor I made – easy and so fun!!
11. Games – games can be silly and sometimes cheesy, but, as with everything else, depends on your bride. Check back for some fun ideas to make your day go a little smoother and be a blast for everyone there!
12. Setup/Cleanup – putting together a list of all the to-do’s you need for both before and after your event will seriously help you out. Take an extra 10-15 minutes to plan your day ahead. It will help streamline the day so that you’re not cleaning up too late.
13. Last minute details – don’t forget to make sure you have all the little things! Think about everything you need when you’re making your setup/cleanup to-do’s including making sure you have enough ice, serving utensils, music if you want/have it, etc.
14. HAVE FUN!!! Planning an event, especially if it’s not something you’re used to, can get a little stressful – the most important thing is to remember to HAVE FUN!! This is a special time in your lives & something to remember forever!!