This perfect dip is always a favorite and so easy to make! You can serve it with pita chips, bread and/or a plate of fresh veggies.
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed and then minced
- 2 15-oz cans of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup of tahini (roasted, not raw)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Pine nuts (toasted) and parsley (chopped) for garnish
- In a food processor, combine the garlic, garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, 1/2 cup water, and olive oil. Process until smooth. Add salt, starting at a half a teaspoon, to taste.
- Spoon into serving dish and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and chopped parsley.
- Serve with pita chips, crackers, raw dip vegetables such as carrots or celery, or with pita bread. You can cut the pita bread into thin triangles, brush with olive oil and toast for 10 minutes in a 400°F oven to make pita chips with which to serve the hummus.
Makes about 3 cups.