This is an all-time favorite for my sister & I when hosting parties in the past – they’re bursting with flavor, super easy to make and always a hit! Preheat your oven, grab a loaf of your favorite baguette, and get out the cutting board.
- 15 sugar plum tomatoes, diced
- 12 basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 loaf French baguette, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the bread and mix well. Place the bread on a baking sheet and spoon a little tomato mixture onto each slice.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges of the bread are slightly golden and the topping is warm.
Makes 4 servings